POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Motion based wish : Re: Motion based wish Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion based wish
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Jun 2011 08:21:25
Message: <4df4af45$1@news.povray.org>
>> Hahaha! Yes, the solution to something really inaccurate is to use
>> something even *more* inaccurate! :-D
>
> Yes. We do that all the time. What do you think digital technology is?

Using a digital representation for something which is actually
continuous allows you to trade an insignificant degrees in capture
precision for an infinite gain in copy fidelity.

Using a digital representation for something which is actually digital
anyway is just a case of using the correct tool for the job. :-P

What you're proposing is akin to "hey, it's really hard to hit a dart
board from 237 cm away; let's try doing in blind-fold instead".

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/