POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The greatest knowledge... : Re: The greatest knowledge... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The greatest knowledge...
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Jun 2011 14:11:27
Message: <4df25e4f$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/10/2011 10:52, Alain wrote:
> It also see a sectors, cylinders and heads count that don't have
> anything to do with the actual values.

Yep. That's what I said. Of course the drive knows which sectors are where.
THe interfaces might not, and the OS can't see it, and that's exactly one
reason why people still use mainframes where important information like this
isn't hidden from the OS.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like