POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complicated : Re: Complicated Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complicated
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jun 2011 04:19:57
Message: <4df0822d$1@news.povray.org>
>> News flash: Robots can't do this either.
>
> They absolutely can. Have a look at industrial robots

We have several robots in our lab. Every single one of them has sensors
to detect where the various moving parts are. Every single one runs a
calibration routine of varying degrees of slowness when you turn it on
and/or reset it.

>> For example, a hard drive has
>
> That's not a robot

Yes it is. So is a washing machine, or a printer, or any other
electromechanical device of similar complexity.

> You should not conclude the precision of all possible drive mechanisms from the
> precision if a single one.

My point still stands: The fact that a given mechanism isn't very
precise doesn't mean that the thing controlling it is inherently imprecise.