POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unit Testing question : Unit Testing question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Unit Testing question
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Jun 2011 16:01:44
Message: <4defd528$1@news.povray.org>
Every work on unit testing I've read basically says you should run all the
unit tests after each change, or certainly at least before each check-in.

However, those same texts say that unit testing should only test individual
units, and everything else should be mocked.

Why would I want to run the unit tests for the XML parser after making
changes to the color picker dialog box?  Or, more generally, why would I
want to run unit tests that are only executing code that hasn't changed
since last time the unit tests passed?

(Note I'm talking specifically of unit tests, not automated test suites in
general.)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like