POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The greatest knowledge... : Re: The greatest knowledge... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The greatest knowledge...
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jun 2011 09:36:24
Message: <4def7ad7@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> OK, fair enough. But given that they were once a big name that everybody
> knew and talked about, and now nobody ever mentions their name, it's not
> surprising that I got the impression that they weren't doing so well.

  A change in domain (from desktop computers to servers and other such
more "hidden" technological services) doesn't mean they are dying. It just
means they are less visible on shop selves and people's desktops.

> > Survived what? The Exxon Valdez disaster was a mere footnote in their
> > history.

> One of the worst, most infamous ecological catastrophes in human
> history, and it's a "mere footnote"?? How did it not end their
> existence?

  Accidents happen. Why should it end the existence of a multi-billion dollar
company?

> How did they not get sued off the face of creation?

  Suing someone for an accident seldom has any significant effect on
anything.

--
                                                          - Warp