POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complicated : Re: Complicated Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complicated
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 7 Jun 2011 13:44:35
Message: <4dee6383$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/06/2011 04:58 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 6/7/2011 8:45, Invisible wrote:
>> I'm not sure how you can claim that
>> simple pattern matching would find such a complex similarity.
>
> I'm not saying it would. I'm saying it *did*.

And if I told you that scientists have come up with a computer program
that can accurately estimate a person's intelligence from an analysis of
their DNA, you'd call BS. Even though you don't have a shred of proof
that it's not true, and there's no logical reason why it's impossible.
You wouldn't believe it.

And that's why when somebody says "one time I did <insert very unlikely
thing here>", people tend not to believe it.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/