POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A retro moment : Re: A retro moment Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A retro moment
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 7 Jun 2011 13:40:03
Message: <4dee6273$1@news.povray.org>
>> (Also, I'm sure I saw somewhere a setting in Windows to select whether
>> the "safely remove hardware" thing is optional or not. The default
>> setting is worse performance in exchange for pulling the drive /not/
>> completely screwing the filesystem. I'm guessing M$ found that too many
>> people actually did this...)
>
> Performance vs. reliability.  Traditional tradeoff.

Yes. That makes sense. Turn it on if you want more speed, turn if off if
reliability is more important.

What doesn't really make sense is that for a floppy disk, there's no
option to turn it on.

Still, hopefully I will never have to access a floppy disk again for the
rest of my natural life, so it won't actually *matter* or anything...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/