POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back from the UK : Re: Back from the UK Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back from the UK
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 7 Jun 2011 10:56:52
Message: <4dee3c34$1@news.povray.org>
Le 07/06/2011 16:31, nemesis a écrit :
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> This is from a guy who comes from America, regarded as the most
>> unhealthy nation on Earth?
>>
>> United Kingdom: You have been 0wned.
>
> Funny thing is that I'm all into Sherlock Holmes ebooks these days and I caught
> Watson describing a breakfast:  eggs and... milk? No!  Whisky and soda FTW! lol

Let's face it: milk in town is unhealthy (by the time it reaches the
table, the bacteria are all over).
On the other side, whisky is sterile (water+high alcohol), and to have
it safe for the breakfast, you cut it with water (carbonated water: soda).

Flat water could be unhealthy too, but soda with high % of carbon
dioxide just get away with most germs. (at least the ones which like oxygen)

So where the victorian's age.

Try to go to Egypt nowadays, and you better avoid tap water and ice
cubes. Bottled-Sealed water and Cocacola (also sealed!) are your best
friends. (unless you like to be ill, very ill)

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.