POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A retro moment : Re: A retro moment Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A retro moment
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Jun 2011 10:35:19
Message: <4dee3727@news.povray.org>
On 6/7/2011 7:04, Invisible wrote:
> On 07/06/2011 02:47 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 6/7/2011 5:00, Invisible wrote:
>>> Still, why it can't build an image of what the final disk layout will
>>> look
>>> like in RAM and then write it all to disk in the most efficient order, I
>>> don't know. That's how I would probably do it.
>>
>> It's a removable disk.
>
> And?

And it has to be not completely corrupted if you remove it?

> Because it's a trivially easy optimisation?

Not really.  What happens if you have multiple processes writing to the disk
at the same time?  You're looking at one specific use case, and complaining
that the general tool isn't optimized for that use case.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like