POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speedy thing goes in... : Re: Speedy thing goes in... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speedy thing goes in...
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Jun 2011 09:35:01
Message: <4dee2905@news.povray.org>
On 6/7/2011 1:23, Invisible wrote:
> You have a point. Scanning a file after each time it's modified would seem
> the best approach, but I'm not aware of any product that does this yet.

Yes you are. You just ad hominem'ed them out of your memory.

> So I'm not seeing how a file on a PC with an AV
> product can pose a threat to other systems.

I write a program that writes out an executable file that has a virus in it.
(Like, say, the copy command.) I write that file to a USB stick, and I give
it to you.

Or, as has actually happened in the past, you install a program off a
commercial CD that has been created on a machine that is infected, and which
therefore includes a virus.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like