POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rare for a reason : Re: Rare for a reason Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rare for a reason
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Jun 2011 04:00:54
Message: <4deddab6@news.povray.org>
On 06/06/2011 08:54 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 6/6/2011 11:33, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> So you need to read the entire play just to comprehend the one or two
>> vague
>> references that anybody could explain to you in five seconds flat?
>
> Yes. Because that's not really understanding.

Riiight. Because reading several hundred pages of dense prose written in
a language so archaic that you need an interpreter just to explain
what's actually happening is *so* much more enlightening than having
somebody actually explain to you what a specific phrase means?

>> I've watched that movie, and I wasn't even aware the Wicked Witch of the
>> West *had* a theme tune!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4kiXh8YOzk

I'm not denying that one exists, I'm saying it's not very memorable.

> Hint: So does Darth Vadar.

Well yes, /obviously/. The Imperial March, by John Williams. One of his
masterpieces. Everybody knows that...