POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speedy thing goes in... : Re: Speedy thing goes in... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speedy thing goes in...
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Jun 2011 16:04:59
Message: <4ded32eb$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/6/2011 11:52, clipka wrote:
> Wrong perspective. Development was actually from CP/M's "access control?
> just lock the f*** room door" concept to there.

I still remember being amused at the Burroughs mainframe we were looking at
buying back then. We asked about multi-user features, and they said "code a
password request into your programs."  We asked something else along those
lines, and they said "that's why each terminal has a keyhole."

> Oh, and didn't they go for "hey, let's make it so that every home user does
> /not/ have full admin rights by default" when they introduced Vista? Might
> be wrong here, but didn't both software and users kinda go amok back then?

Exactly. It wasn't that they didn't understand what needed to be done, but
that different demands were made. The president would be safer if he never
appeared in public, also.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like