POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : For all the Scots out there... : Re: For all the Scots out there... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:31:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For all the Scots out there...
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 4 Jun 2011 16:56:29
Message: <4dea9bfd$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/04/2011 02:33 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 04/06/2011 2:54 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>>
>> now here's "the pipes" they way I enjoy them the most:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7coyyMNLxs&feature=related
>>
>> a little drum beat and some sharp marching ... these guys aren't half
>> bad. watch them come out of the turn in the beginning.
>
> I take your navy doesn't do marching. ;-)

generally not much after basic training, but I was in a color guard for
a bit so I've done more than my fair share ... these guys I give them a
solid B+ for the pipes/drums, only average on the close order drill ...
but hey it was about the pipes! The lead inside man on turns has the
toughest job, it's a weird marking time step, but no worries if the guy
calling the cadence is sharp with his cues. If I recall my unit had a
bit of a swagger to it ... which I enjoyed too ;-)