POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random fact of the day : Re: Random fact of the day Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random fact of the day
From: clipka
Date: 3 Jun 2011 09:22:58
Message: <4de8e032$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.06.2011 11:08, schrieb Invisible:
>>> Corporations vary by their level of indifference towards their
>>> customers' interests.
>>
>> No. Corporations vary by how much they expect to benefit/lose from
>> satisfied/unhappy customers.
>
> There have been corporations who have a mentality that making their
> customers happy is literally the most important thing in the world. More
> important than making a profit, even. Now, whether anybody who thinks
> like this stays in business for more than five minutes is somewhat open
> to debate. But clearly some businesses do operate like this.

But why do they do it? Because they think it benefits /them/ to have a
corporate image of acting morally.

Small companies led by their owners in person (or even large companies
led by their owners in person, though those are quite rare) are a
different story. But corporations led by a board & traded on stock
exchange markets? Show me a single one that acts morally for the pure
sake of it.