POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random fact of the day : Re: Random fact of the day Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random fact of the day
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Jun 2011 05:08:34
Message: <4de8a492$1@news.povray.org>
>> Corporations vary by their level of indifference towards their
>> customers' interests.
>
> No. Corporations vary by how much they expect to benefit/lose from
> satisfied/unhappy customers.

There have been corporations who have a mentality that making their
customers happy is literally the most important thing in the world. More
important than making a profit, even. Now, whether anybody who thinks
like this stays in business for more than five minutes is somewhat open
to debate. But clearly some businesses do operate like this.

At the other end of the spectrum, we find companies who would quite
happily provoke global thermonuclear warfare if they thought it would be
profitable.