POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fox : Re: The media Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The media
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 2 Jun 2011 14:13:27
Message: <4de7d2c7$1@news.povray.org>
>> That's what I'm saying. As far as I can tell, there's no actual *law*
>> against printing outright lies in a newspaper. It's just considered poor
>> journalistic practise by some.
>
> Depends on the lie.  Some lies certainly would be illegal if they were
> libelous (for example).

Right. So if I say that vitamine C overdoses cause cancer, that's fine,
but if I say that Dr Smith has proved that vitamine C overdoses cause
cancer, that's libel. (?)

In short, you can lie all you want, so long as you don't lie about
people or commercial entities, or if you do, you make sure that whatever
ficticious claims you make can't be rigoriously refuted.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/