POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fox : Re: Fox Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fox
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 2 Jun 2011 09:48:36
Message: <4de794b4$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/1/2011 5:39 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 15:07:34 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> That may be true. And, if it is the case, then we really have a huge
>> damn problem, because like 2% of business owners see the long term
>> consequences of bankrupting the people that buy their goods as a,
>> "problem", the other 98% figure they can just keep paying people shit,
>> not hiring anyone, if they can help it, doing all their manufacturing in
>> other countries, and lining their own pockets. And, those people
>> constitute the "backbone" of the Republican support.
>
> What's so maddening is how the right has convinced people that they can
> live the "American Dream" and, if they (the 'little people') had money,
> they wouldn't want big bad Uncle Sam coming out with his hand out asking
> for more money to fund feeding the poor and underprivileged.

Yeah, because the companies that *had* a social conscience 50-100 years
ago where all, "communist!" Isn't it obvious? Long, slow, slide into a
state where, instead of half of them giving a shit about their workers,
even the ones that do now often have their hands tied by legislators,
who create laws that make it impossible to compete, by paying what the
ones who still have a damn conscience, or concept of basic civics (never
mind economics) think their people deserve.

> But most of those people who vote Republican aren't ever going to benefit
> from those tax cuts because the more people there are in that tax
> bracket, the less power there is to go around to those people who are in
> that tax bracket.  So it's in their interest to "keep the dream alive"
> for those less fortunate while actively preventing the less fortunate
> from actually climbing the economic ladder.
>
> Which is class warfare.  It's funny (and sad) how the right spins
> increasing taxes on the rich into class warfare and paints it as a 'bad
> thing' when in fact they are actively engaged in class warfare and those
> who are less fortunate are told that that crap sandwich is *really*
> fillet mignon.

I thought of the perfect example to show this. Everyone with an Olympic
sized swimming pool gets an extra ration of 500 gallons of water, and
doesn't have to give anything back, if they are clever enough. Everyone
with a smaller pool has to fight, tooth and nail, to just break even.
The people that only hope to own a pool, but might not even have a
bathtub, are asked to spit in a cup, because the government needs the water.