POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fox : Re: Fox Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fox
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Jun 2011 20:39:41
Message: <4de6dbcd$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 15:07:34 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> That may be true. And, if it is the case, then we really have a huge
> damn problem, because like 2% of business owners see the long term
> consequences of bankrupting the people that buy their goods as a,
> "problem", the other 98% figure they can just keep paying people shit,
> not hiring anyone, if they can help it, doing all their manufacturing in
> other countries, and lining their own pockets. And, those people
> constitute the "backbone" of the Republican support.

What's so maddening is how the right has convinced people that they can
live the "American Dream" and, if they (the 'little people') had money,
they wouldn't want big bad Uncle Sam coming out with his hand out asking
for more money to fund feeding the poor and underprivileged.

But most of those people who vote Republican aren't ever going to benefit
from those tax cuts because the more people there are in that tax
bracket, the less power there is to go around to those people who are in
that tax bracket.  So it's in their interest to "keep the dream alive"
for those less fortunate while actively preventing the less fortunate
from actually climbing the economic ladder.

Which is class warfare.  It's funny (and sad) how the right spins
increasing taxes on the rich into class warfare and paints it as a 'bad
thing' when in fact they are actively engaged in class warfare and those
who are less fortunate are told that that crap sandwich is *really*
fillet mignon.

Jim