POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fox : Re: Fox Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fox
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 1 Jun 2011 18:16:16
Message: <4de6ba30$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/1/2011 10:27 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 09:05:50 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>
>> On 01/06/2011 02:27, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>>> He seems to me to be mostly an opportunist, taking advantage of people
>>> who aren't willing to think for themselves.
>>
>> Isn't the whole point of news producers to basically produce whatever
>> people want to read, because it's more profitable that way?
>
> Well, some believe that.  Others believe that the purpose is to inform
> the public.
>
> The problem with Fox is that they blur the line between fact and opinion,
> which results in stories being "reported" on opinion shows that push a
> conservative agenda.  They do apparently have serious news shows (that
> some on the left even say do a good job reporting the news rather than
> opining about the news), but I haven't had the patience to wait for that
> 2 hour segment during the 24 hour day - always had more important things
> to do.
>
> Jim
Yeah. Most of their time seems to be spent talking about the "reported"
facts, of the opinion show, which reported on someone else's opinion or
the opinion some clown had, about the previously reported news, on the
first show. I.e., why put up new news, if you can just recycle your own
pundits opinions of your own opinion, or the news you barely reported in
the first place? The main "news" show declares, "Spot say a ball",
becomes a discussion on X show about the color of the ball, followed by
Beck (or whom ever is left there now to do this) declares it red, and
says Spot might be a communist, and a few days later the main show is
quoting how Sarah Palin's opinion of what Ann Coulter said, in relation
to Mike Huckabee's comments, about Beck's claims, that Spot is a communist.

BTW, the most stupidly dangerous thing about this isn't if its pandering
to the right, because that is what is making money, its the fact that
half the idiots that seem to be possible candidates for the next
election, or keep trying to run, now "work" for Fox. You can't tell me
that is good for impartiality, or accuracy...