POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fox : Re: Fox Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fox
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 1 Jun 2011 18:07:43
Message: <4de6b82f$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/31/2011 6:27 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 31 May 2011 15:43:23 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> Basically, all the evidence suggests, including statements the man made
>> himself on occasion, that Fox is *very specifically* the political
>> mouthpiece of one single man,
>
> Actually, the impression I get of Rupert Murdoch is that he's in business
> to make money.  If he could make money from more a progressive/liberal
> audience, he'd probably appear to be on the other end of the spectrum.
>
> He seems to me to be mostly an opportunist, taking advantage of people
> who aren't willing to think for themselves.
>
> Jim
That may be true. And, if it is the case, then we really have a huge
damn problem, because like 2% of business owners see the long term
consequences of bankrupting the people that buy their goods as a,
"problem", the other 98% figure they can just keep paying people shit,
not hiring anyone, if they can help it, doing all their manufacturing in
other countries, and lining their own pockets. And, those people
constitute the "backbone" of the Republican support.

So long as that condition persists, there simply isn't any money in
catering to the progressive/liberal views. And, imho, it makes his
decision to do so even more stupid, dangerous, and, dare I, as a
liberal, non-Christian, use such a term, "unpatriotic". Hell, some of
these idiots I would go as far as using the term, "treason", on, except
that, until/unless some right winger gets elected and puts *that* back
into law, you probably couldn't try them on it, even if you managed to
get them in front of a judge for being stupid enough to do things damn
close to qualifying.