POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fox : Re: Fox Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fox
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Jun 2011 13:27:39
Message: <4de6768b$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 09:05:50 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> On 01/06/2011 02:27, Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> He seems to me to be mostly an opportunist, taking advantage of people
>> who aren't willing to think for themselves.
>
> Isn't the whole point of news producers to basically produce whatever
> people want to read, because it's more profitable that way?

Well, some believe that.  Others believe that the purpose is to inform
the public.

The problem with Fox is that they blur the line between fact and opinion,
which results in stories being "reported" on opinion shows that push a
conservative agenda.  They do apparently have serious news shows (that
some on the left even say do a good job reporting the news rather than
opining about the news), but I haven't had the patience to wait for that
2 hour segment during the 24 hour day - always had more important things
to do.

Jim