POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fox : Re: Fox Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fox
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 31 May 2011 18:43:29
Message: <4de56f11$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/31/2011 12:58 AM, Invisible wrote:
>>> I was about to ask "is it really this bad?"
>>
>>> And then I realised the obviousness of the answer...
>>
>> You know that a news channel is really bad when even foreigners are aware
>> of how bad and biased it is.
>
> Actually I know nothing about Fox. I was operating more along the lines
> of "if their 'news' as the same level of factual accuracy as most of the
> media coverage in my country, they can't be very accurate..."

The man that owns Fox is.. Well, he seems to be mild conspiracy nuts,
mostly right wing politically, with a with other quirks. He seems to be
more "Tea Party" than "Conservative", in his leanings, but then a lot of
Libertarians tend to lean that way, without being quite so insane. In
any case, you can't get by with saying anything on Fox that contradicts
Fox, or makes it sponsors look bad, etc. By comparison, MSNBC *has*
occasionally commented on the positions of their own other shows, their
company, and others, way more openly.

Basically, all the evidence suggests, including statements the man made
himself on occasion, that Fox is *very specifically* the political
mouthpiece of one single man, with a very specific view, and that its
completely failure to resemble reality has only become serious when
someone like Beck gets so bad that they lost nearly all sponsors for his
show. Until then, no one there cared to contradict him, or say anything
bad about him, or otherwise rock the boat. Now that he is out, you start
to hear some commentary on how he was a bit off his rocker, once in a
while. But, only after his show got pulled.

Its PT Barnum does the news, sans the intent to entertain and amaze, but
instead evangelize.