POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fox : Re: Fox Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:44:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fox
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 31 May 2011 08:42:26
Message: <4de4e232$1@news.povray.org>

>>> I was about to ask "is it really this bad?"
>>
>>> And then I realised the obviousness of the answer...
>>
>> You know that a news channel is really bad when even foreigners are aware
>> of how bad and biased it is.
>
> Actually I know nothing about Fox. I was operating more along the lines
> of "if their 'news' as the same level of factual accuracy as most of the
> media coverage in my country, they can't be very accurate..."

FOX News and the FOX network are two different beasts.

FOX News has a definite conservative bias and will either ignore or
distort facts that go against their narrative.  They will also make
ludicrous assertions and end them with a question mark, such as "Is
Obama a secret communist?" to hide behind the excuse of "hey! we're only
asking questions..."  A few years ago, one reporter refused to report
something that he felt was factually incorrect and he was fired.  He
sued for wrongful dismisal and lost.  The case was appealed all the way
to the Supreme Court and they ruled that FOX News was under no
obligation to tell the truth under the free speech clause of the 1st
amendment of the the US Constitution.

Meanwhile, the FOX network airs shows that are considered edgy and often
ruffle the feathers of the more conservative listeners.