POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Untitled S.F. [W.I.P] take 2 : Re: Untitled S.F. [W.I.P] take 2 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Untitled S.F. [W.I.P] take 2
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 29 May 2011 18:35:08
Message: <4de2ca1c$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> completely unacceptable render time for such a flat, untextured scene.

well I suppose the planet is using a lot of media although
it may be overkill at such a scale. I wonder if SSLT would be
appropriate for distant planetary views where the atmosphere
appears to be very thin.

> Specially considering space scenes should not even need radiosity

I'm not sure about that. Parts of the gate that are pointing
away from the Sun may be indirectly illuminated by opposing parts
that are in sunlight.