POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : First Book you ever read : Re: First Book you ever read Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Book you ever read
From: clipka
Date: 29 May 2011 10:07:24
Message: <4de2531c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.05.2011 14:57, schrieb Stephen:
> On another forum, someone asked, what was the first book you ever read?
>
> Mine was Doctor Dolittle, when I was about 9 or 10. A late starter, I know.

Do picture books (with a minimum of printed text) count as well? If so,
the first book I read myself was most probably "The Very Hungry
Caterpillar" ("Die Kleine Raupe Nimmersatt").

Not sure what the first thing was that really deserved the term "book".
Might have been some fairy tale, might have been "The Hobbit", might

translated "Calling silver dove", a story about a north american jet
fighter pilot crash-landing in the arctic). I guess I was more into
comics in childhood times though (or, to be more precise, anything that
had pictures with text combined; this included the photograph &
illustration sections of the "Life Sciience Library" ("Life Wunder der
Wissenschaft"), which actually happened to be my favorite pre-school
literature; so I guess it's no surprise I grew up to be a bit nerdish :-)).