POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rare for a reason : Re: Rare for a reason Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rare for a reason
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 May 2011 08:36:51
Message: <4de0ec63$1@news.povray.org>
>>> If you don't know them by heart a large part of our culture is
>>> inaccessible to you.
>>
>> Such as?
>
> basically most of the mathematical knowledge.

I don't see why you need to memorise multiplication tables to understand
mathematics.

Indeed, one of the most important things I learned at college is that
mathematics is *not* just about memorising multiplication tables.
There's actually far more to it than that. The fact that my school
education completely failed to mention this is... rather worrying.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/