POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: stbenge
Date: 25 May 2011 01:22:29
Message: <4ddc9215@news.povray.org>
On 5/24/2011 8:50 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2011 20:39:38 +0200, stbenge <"egnebts
> <-inverted"@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well you are not alone in your views. I could say that you are in the
>>> company of Prince Charles but I'm not that cruel. ;-)
>>> This is a difficult subject to be objective about.
>>> I saw many examples of attractive buildings in the link you posted. But
>>> then I was brought up in Glasgow, a very industrial city in my youth.
>>
>> Some of those buildings were just horrible, others were better. My
>> dislike of modern architecture is probably not going to stop me from
>> rendering such things in the future, though. I might have already...
>>
>>> I do think that most modern housing is an eyesore.
>>
>> Especially when the same design is copied over and over, in a big row :(
>
> I've heard that architects are extremely busy, working long hours. I
> guess they don't have time to be creative with all these scyscrapers you
> need to be more mathematical than creative...

Lol! Ha... ah, ugh... no. I really for sorry for them :(

I love math, geometry, funny numbers. But set me to work before a large
monolith, and everything great about it becomes nonsense after awhile.
It's easy to forget /why/ you started something, when the end of it
can't be seen, when the reason behind it is dust in contrast against
what's really important.

I guess that's why I don't finish so many projects...

~Sam

Now Playing:
  "Nothing to Say" - Jethro Tull