POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Real or Render? : Re: Real or Render? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real or Render?
From: Warp
Date: 24 May 2011 12:32:03
Message: <4ddbdd82@news.povray.org>
> Now in terms of the OP, the size of the moon in the image is physically
> impossible compared to the size of the sun.  There is no place on the
> Earth that the moon will photograph as that large without some sort of
> photo trickery.  None - absolutely NONE.

  As I said in my post, it's perfectly possible to make a photo of the
Moon so that it looks enormous compared to the details on the ground.
Just use a really strong zoom.

  Of course to get the ground details and the Moon on the same photo with
such a strong zoom the Moon has to be very close to the horizon, and the
ground details very far away from the photographer. If the Moon is higher
on the sky then it becomes impossible (because you can zoom either to the
Moon or to the horizon, not both).

  And of course if the Sun were visible as well, that would look much
bigger as well (about the same size as the Moon), for the same reason.

--
                                                          - Warp