POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Art of Computer Programming : Re: The Art of Computer Programming Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Art of Computer Programming
From: Invisible
Date: 24 May 2011 05:22:14
Message: <4ddb78c6@news.povray.org>
On 24/05/2011 09:48, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> It helps if you can appreciate the music from Bach

I play pipe organ. I've spent the last 20 years learning to play BWV 565
from memory. I can also play one or two of the preludes from WTC. And I
keep having these delusions about learning BWV 541.

> as well as finding interest in the images of Escher.

I have Escher on my current calendar. I've always liked his work,
although sometimes I wish it was a bit more colourful.

> The Gödel part is at the end (well, middle) and is really deep about
> string manipulation. If you are not the kind to double check a
> mathematical demonstration in a text but rather skip over it, then it
> might be dull. Anyway, GEB is mainly Gödel's theorem  for Dummies, with
> extra arts and some classical paradoxes.

As I understand it, Gödel's theorem just says that everything is
impossible. That doesn't sound especially interesting.