POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Art of Computer Programming : Re: The Art of Computer Programming Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Art of Computer Programming
From: Invisible
Date: 24 May 2011 04:10:04
Message: <4ddb67dc$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/05/2011 21:10, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> It seems that everyone has heard of Knuth's epic masterwork. (Wonder if
> he'll ever complete it?) My question is... has anyone here actually read
> it? And does it say anything interesting?

Let me put this another way:

A lot of people seem to think that Godel, Escher, Bach is some kind of
iconic master work. After slogging through several chapters of dry, dull
text, I eventually became so bored that I stopped reading it.

I'm wondering whether it's worth reading TAOCP, or whether it's more of
a reference tome.