POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about OpenGL and lightmaps : Re: Question about OpenGL and lightmaps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about OpenGL and lightmaps
From: Slime
Date: 22 May 2011 15:00:52
Message: <4dd95d64$1@news.povray.org>
>    I was more interested in the traditional (pre-pixel-shaders) way of
> doing light mapping.

I remember hearing about something called 2X multiply, or Modulate2x
that multiplies the texture by 2. After a little searching for that, it
looks like this might be the way to do it in opengl:

glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_RGB_SCALE, 2.0)

I also saw GL_RGB_SCALE_ARB, so it might be part of an extension. Of
course, this has to be combined with multitexturing.

  - Slime