POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:32:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: stbenge
Date: 21 May 2011 15:31:55
Message: <4dd8132b@news.povray.org>
On 5/21/2011 11:48 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 05/21/2011 03:15 PM, stbenge wrote:

>>> Hehe, no doubt. I'll be making it from scratch in Illustrator and
>>> POV-Ray, so there /shouldn't/ be a problem...
>>
>> Good catch, though. I would have happily continued to use a copyrighted
>> image without thinking about the consequences... I guess I was still
>> believing in the "3 changes" rule, which is what we used to do at the
>> publishing company I worked for. I should look it up; I bet we were
>> infringing on copyrights, right and left...
>
> 1st off ... apologies for my lack of response lately as I've been busier
> than a one arm wall paper hanger ;-)

It happens, no apology necessary :)

> after some of the comments on my last post i've started sitting with a
> sketch pad when there is a lull in the shop trying to get some different
> ideas with the structure ...

Sketches are definitely a great way to design a 3D scene. I've got some
weird free-association sketches that would probably make very cool 3D
renders. Some of the best ideas are the ones that are nearly accidental...

> it's a shame that the courtyard tiles
> aren't seen better (looks killer from different view)

I did improve the tile variation since I posted the macro. Long,
straight joints spanning several bricks don't happen as often anymore.
If you want the update, just say the word.

> and now the
> jacobean panel that you've developed ... well hopefully i can come up
> with something that will do it justice.

The one I posted won't be the one used, for copyright reasons. But I'll
come up with something, plus an easy way to tile an area.

> forge ahead and i'll do my best
> to have something as soon as i can, even if i have to put on a big pot
> of coffee and pull and all nighter ... excellent work sam

Thanks. I might just do the same :D

Sam