POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Stephen
Date: 21 May 2011 15:21:21
Message: <4dd810b1$1@news.povray.org>
On 21/05/2011 7:52 PM, stbenge wrote:
> On 5/21/2011 10:57 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 21/05/2011 6:25 PM, stbenge wrote:
>>> I'll try making a cloister's ceiling, as it seems more interesting
>>> without being too busy. If it doesn't get included in the scene, I'll
>>> just find some other use for it :)
>>
>> That's good of you and as you say it might be useful.
>
> It would be great to have some automatic way to generate the tiles,
> complete with floral and geometrical accents.

Paris put on using a mould then hand painted or gilded.
So for the square lattice type a simple while loop would do. The
paintings in the gaps could be applied separately

>>> Who knows how the
>>> modernist movement ever took hold :S
>>
>> I imagine it was just a reaction to what went before.
>
> What, like people burned out their aesthetic response, and just couldn't
> handle the overload anymore? :P

No, the new generation of artists wanted to do something radically
different.

> Modern architecture is so bleak and
> hopeless, sterile and empty. I'd be tempted to find a prime example and
> covertly deface it with some bit of fine art :D

LOL, your idea of modernist is different than mine. I know what you mean
though. In those days artisans and materials came cheap but today there
are so many regulations the buildings have to be built to, Gothic is out
of the reach of everyone.
Still some modern buildings have their own beauty.

--
Regards
     Stephen