POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: stbenge
Date: 21 May 2011 14:52:18
Message: <4dd809e2@news.povray.org>
On 5/21/2011 10:57 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 21/05/2011 6:25 PM, stbenge wrote:
>> I'll try making a cloister's ceiling, as it seems more interesting
>> without being too busy. If it doesn't get included in the scene, I'll
>> just find some other use for it :)
>
> That's good of you and as you say it might be useful.

It would be great to have some automatic way to generate the tiles,
complete with floral and geometrical accents.

>> What's more important at this point? Saving parse time, render time or
>> memory?
>
> I can't say as I'm not doing the rendering. :-D

Ah, OK. Maybe Jim will speak up :)

>> Who knows how the
>> modernist movement ever took hold :S
>
> I imagine it was just a reaction to what went before.

What, like people burned out their aesthetic response, and just couldn't
handle the overload anymore? :P Modern architecture is so bleak and
hopeless, sterile and empty. I'd be tempted to find a prime example and
covertly deface it with some bit of fine art :D

Sam