POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about OpenGL and lightmaps : Re: Question about OpenGL and lightmaps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about OpenGL and lightmaps
From: stbenge
Date: 20 May 2011 13:24:32
Message: <4dd6a3d0$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/19/2011 4:43 PM, Warp wrote:
>    Could someone more knowledgeable about the subject shed some light on it?
> (Pun very much intended.)

I'm far from knowledgeable concerning OpenGL, but as Slime mentioned, a
shader might be the way to go. I think with older pixel shaders (<2) you
could blend textures in a few different ways (multiply, add, etc.). With
current GLSL implementations you can write entire functions from scratch
and do tons of other cool things.

Give GLSL a shot if you aren't worried about your program not working on
older hardware~

Sam