POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux in javascript : Re: Linux in javascript Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux in javascript
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 18 May 2011 16:49:38
Message: <4dd430e2$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/05/2011 11:33 PM, Darren New wrote:

> I have been trying to figure out how fast it is compared to a modern
> computer. If you're playing with it anyway (I don't have an appropriate
> browser installed), let me know if you do any performance comparisons?

On my work PC (Core 2 Duo), it takes less than 30 seconds to open
Firefox, download the web page *and* boot the Linux kernel to a Bash
prompt. It's THAT FAST.

As I say, response times after that are about typical for a live CD.
(I.e., slightly sluggish, but not exactly what you'd call "slow".)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/