POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grass after rain (WIP) : Re: Grass after rain (FINAL) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass after rain (FINAL)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 18 May 2011 05:18:28
Message: <4dd38ee4@news.povray.org>

> The drops are blobs traced() from above, but they don't take yet
> into account how wide it's the grass blade they rest on... that
> should be the next and final step.

    Finally used a 4-point trace() construct, testing if they rest likely
on the same blade by allowing just a little difference in height between
them.

    Also added the folding on the blades as Thomas suggested, and
increased the drop count to 30000... they don't look that great, but at
least the "bad spots" are not very distracting.

    Here is attached the final pic (and I meant FINAL, I promise),
post-processed to add reflections which were rendered as a separate
layer. Total render time: 2h15m on a Phenom X4.

    Regards,

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia