POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 May 2011 03:25:58
Message: <4dd22306@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] povrayorg> schreef in bericht
> I think I like this set up a bit better ... I see tho that I need to do
> some work on the ceiling in the background structure. The radiosity is
> reaching a bit to far back into the room, it needs to be a bit darker to
> make it appear deeper that it really is. The wall's look OK because it's
> pigment is only 20% of the outside color, maybe a gradient on the
> ceiling will get me where I want it to be. I also found a couple of
> light leaks that were causing some hot spots.

Sorry to say this, but I feel a bit uneasy about this set up. It is too
symmetrical to my taste, every element repeating. The previous set up was
less monotonous as the walls were different frome ach other. I liked that
better and it generated some tension in the image, even with the blank wall
part where a few narrow windows would also have been possible I realise now.

As for the ceiling, Le Forgeron suggests an interesting solution. I would
suggest myself to build arches over the corridor,instead of main cross
beams.

Thomas