POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AO experiments : Re: AO experiments Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AO experiments
From: clipka
Date: 16 May 2011 02:12:26
Message: <4dd0c04a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 07.04.2011 04:50, schrieb Samuel Benge:
> clipka<ano### [at] anonymousorg>  wrote:
>> While this approach may not work equally well in other environments, I
>> guess the idea is worth being pursued further.
>
> Was this inspired by recent events, or simply from an idea approaching out of
> the blue?

Sitting in the back of my head for ages, but brought to the front by
recent events.

> Could the AO be applied to some sort of edge-finding scheme, where both inside
> and outside edges are found and turned into a usable pigment? Not that I'm
> holding my breath; even a speed increase for environmental lighting would be
> welcome :)

As a matter of fact that's how my earlier approach at a proximity
pattern worked - or rather, failed to work, as I experienced some
drawbacks back then. But maybe a few things I ironed out now for the AO
implementation might get me around those.