POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grass after rain (WIP) : Re: Grass after rain (WIP) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass after rain (WIP)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 13 May 2011 14:20:43
Message: <4dcd767b@news.povray.org>

> Maybe not *all* grass, but generally the blades are a tiny bit folded
> around a central - longitudinal - nerve. This helps also the blade to
> keep upright. Water droplets then often concentrate in the fold.

   The folding is universal, to my knowledge... just some kinds of grass
don't show it very well. In fact, it's something I noticed from day one,
but was too lazy to try it. I just looked now, and it was in fact very
easy to do, due to the way I'm constructing each blade. Thanks!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org