POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grass after rain (WIP) : Re: Grass after rain (WIP) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass after rain (WIP)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 13 May 2011 14:05:42
Message: <4dcd72f6@news.povray.org>

> Second thought: 4 points are one to much. Better use only 3 in a
> equiliteral traingle at the borders of the drops. Then the plane
> between this points on the blade is well defined (4 points may not
> result in a plane) and the slopes can be calculated.

   I was going to go for the 4 points approach, until you made this
useful suggestion... thanks! For the slope, as clipcka said, the normal
returned by the first trace() is enough to reorient the drop (and I was
already using it, even if it's not very noticeable because the drops are
too spherical).

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia