POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computer language quirks : Re: Computer language quirks Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer language quirks
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 13 May 2011 04:46:56
Message: <4dccf000$1@news.povray.org>
Le 13/05/2011 10:25, Patrick Elliott a écrit :
> Possible you might have an overloaded function, possibly, that would be
> void in some cases, or return a value in others,

It would be possible in C where prototypes are not mandatory (but
overloading in C is not part of the language).
But I would expect a C++ compiler in C++ mode to barf on a change of
prototype will overloading or a return not matching the declaration.

The return function is not really a function: it put the value inside
the stack and then pop from the current function.

--
A good Manager will take you
through the forest, no mater what.