POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Only two weeks until the End of the World : Re: Only two weeks until the End of the World Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Only two weeks until the End of the World
From: Darren New
Date: 8 May 2011 16:08:06
Message: <4dc6f826@news.povray.org>
On 5/8/2011 12:45, Stephen wrote:
> Quote from the Daily Mail.

You're quoting a british tabloid that doesn't get respect even in Britian,
about a topic where we're specifically talking about the USA?

Plus, it's a news story. It would be like quoting a news story about a
motorcycle hitting a semi and killing the semi driver without hurting the
cyclist to prove that cycles are safer than trucks. The reason it's in the
paper is that it's such an absurd situation, so illogical and ridiculous to
everyone who reads it that it's amusing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1247925/Girl-told-ID-buy-QUICHE-Tesco-looked-21.html

Plus that link doesn't go with your quote, but the linked article proves my
point even more. She got carded for quiche, which is equally absurd. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like