POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Only two weeks until the End of the World : Re: Only two weeks until the End of the World Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Only two weeks until the End of the World
From: Warp
Date: 7 May 2011 17:00:46
Message: <4dc5b2fe@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 07/05/2011 7:48 PM, Darren New wrote:
> > I really don't want you in government,

> I don't want them parking outside my house.

  Be careful, or they'll play the victimization card: If someone makes
even the slightest suggestion that their right to shout their views should
perhaps be limited in some ways, they will immediately start shouting that
they are being discriminated against and that there's a nationwide attack
against christianity.

  (Never mind that if someone dares to make any such public display about
atheism, they will be outraged. They will be completely oblivious to the
obvious double standard.)

  Which got me thinking: Many christians in the United States like to
emphasize how 80 or 90 or whatever percent of the nation consists of
christians, while at the same time they behave like the vast majority
consists of godless sinful heathens who need to be evangelized and saved.
Double-think much?

--
                                                          - Warp