POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just found out I'm being laid off : Re: Just found out I'm being laid off Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just found out I'm being laid off
From: Stephen
Date: 6 May 2011 08:34:20
Message: <4dc3eacc@news.povray.org>
On 06/05/2011 4:13 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Last day today - actually feeling pretty good.  I've got a discussion
> that'll happen tomorrow, and interview on Monday, and a couple other very
> promising leads.

Good luck with these.

> The question will really be if we can live where we
> want to with any of these positions.

At least you will have options.

> The discussion tomorrow will be interesting, because it's not that I've
> applied for a position, but I had an 'aha' moment about 2 AM this morning
> and e-mailed someone I know at the company asking "who do I need to talk
> to about 'a', 'b', 'c', and 'd', because I think they could be really
> valuable to your organization and I know how to make them happen", and I
> got a response saying that they've got 3 high-level people who are *very*
> interested in these ideas.  So I'm going to need to organise my thoughts
> fairly quickly (high-level) to pitch the ideas, and then get into the
> details probably next week.

Well done! And again good luck.

> Pretty psyched about this one.

You can do it. :-D

> I'm thinking that getting laid off may
> well be the best possible thing to have happened now.

If you have a positive outlook it can very well be. Sometimes we get
stuck in a rut and need a push to go forward.
I'm sure that you will do well and I hope that you get to live where you
want. What about the rest of your family hoe are they taking it?

--
Regards
     Stephen