POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just found out I'm being laid off : Re: Just found out I'm being laid off Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just found out I'm being laid off
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 May 2011 23:13:20
Message: <4dc36750$1@news.povray.org>
Last day today - actually feeling pretty good.  I've got a discussion
that'll happen tomorrow, and interview on Monday, and a couple other very
promising leads.  The question will really be if we can live where we
want to with any of these positions.

The discussion tomorrow will be interesting, because it's not that I've
applied for a position, but I had an 'aha' moment about 2 AM this morning
and e-mailed someone I know at the company asking "who do I need to talk
to about 'a', 'b', 'c', and 'd', because I think they could be really
valuable to your organization and I know how to make them happen", and I
got a response saying that they've got 3 high-level people who are *very*
interested in these ideas.  So I'm going to need to organise my thoughts
fairly quickly (high-level) to pitch the ideas, and then get into the
details probably next week.

Pretty psyched about this one.  I'm thinking that getting laid off may
well be the best possible thing to have happened now.

Jim