POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Valles Marineris (sort of) : Re: Valles Marineris (sort of) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Valles Marineris (sort of)
From: Alain
Date: 5 May 2011 14:28:36
Message: <4dc2ec54@news.povray.org>

> But does Mars have fog?
>
> W0RLDBUILDER wrote:
>
>> Christian Froeschlin<chr### [at] chrfrde>  wrote:
>>> A test render after finally getting a 250MB Vicar
>>> data file converted to 16 bit PNG. It's only "sort of"
>>> Valles Marineris because I actually mirrored the height_field
>>> to allow some camera height without seeing the front end of
>>> the strip. And of course in the distance is only a plane.
>>
>> I'd add some fog.

Not in the same sense as on Earth.
Here, fog is mostly made of water micro droplets and possibly some dust
and smoke.

On Mars, the fog is composed of extremely fine dust. Part of that dust
is made of iron oxyde powder giving a redish tint to the athmosphere.
There is also some water and carbon dioxyde micro crystals and other
mineral dust.

Alain