POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Fashion : Re: Persistence of Fashion Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Fashion
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 5 May 2011 11:51:12
Message: <4dc2c770$1@news.povray.org>

> But Ive, it looks like in your last comment, you just provided more
> evidence for the UV hypothesis. You held back on hyper-realism in
> order to provide *some* benefit, and whatever reason is analogous to
>  the "emotional response" in the Y-axis of the UV.

   I don't believe that the UV can be applied to anything else than
human-like things. The hypothesis only applies to human-like things, and
every explanation about it only covers human characteristics.

   Your aversion for hyper-realism it's something else... it can be
something similar to my dislike for surrealism or abstraction: I just
underrate failed attempts because of my own inability to create good
images on these styles.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia