POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computer games : Re: Computer games Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer games
From: Invisible
Date: 5 May 2011 04:08:11
Message: <4dc25aeb$1@news.povray.org>
> You haven't really explained what you think the difference is between
> (say) psychonauts and Crysis.

> Except psychonauts, portal, and "stealth games" are all first or third
> person, but you listed them as "everything else".
>
> I think you need to clarify what you think the distinction is if you
> want names for the things.

Apparently I'm not explaining this very well.

I consider Psychonauts, Crysis, Portal and all the various stealth games
to be delta games. I guess basically it comes down to anything that
plays as 1st person or 3rd person.

Everything else - all the puzzlers, platformers, God games, and so forth
- is alpha games.