POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : New feature request Poseray 3.13 beta : Re: New feature request Poseray 3.13 beta Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:46:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New feature request Poseray 3.13 beta
From: Ive
Date: 4 May 2011 16:19:10
Message: <4dc1b4be$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.05.2011 20:20, schrieb FlyerX:

> Thanks for the workaround. To this day I have not been able to find the
> origin of the bug. I used an OpenGL debugger and all the calls were
> correct. Most likely it is a bug (or maybe an outdated function) in
> PoseRay but without the ATI drivers running there is no way to check
> exactly what is happening. If there was a way of emulating an ATI card
> as a layer over the Nvidia drivers, for programming/debugging purposes,
> that would be great.

Yeah, I understand your problem very well. While stepping through
hundrets of lines of assembler code I did suspect the calls
glTexImage2D and/or glGetTexImage to be the critical parts but it might
very well be the case that some initialization before did already fail.
Sorry, this is all I can tell as I'm just an OpenGL n00b ;)

While I did play around with the debugger (and accidentally did corrupt
the ATI drivers) I did also find out that in this case the
Windows-OpenGL-layer falls back to a GDI software emulation mode that
works (at least with an i7) not as bad as it sounds. Maybe a button
within PoseRay to force software emulation (if this is possible) would
be a cleaner workaround than moving dll's from the stone-age around?

-Ive